Saturday, May 27, 2006

How I Became My Own Consumer Credit Counseling Service And Bounced Back From My Bad Credit Nightmare (part 3, continued)

I'm actually presenting it for the same perverse reasons that underlie my morbid attraction to women whose eyes tell me they're rotten, scathing witches who want nothing more than to chew me up and spit me out after they've expertly inflicted severe emotional, spiritual and psychological damage.

A little walk on the wild side, the dark side, you know, "in the destructive element immerse" and all that.

Common sense tells you you're walking a frigging thin line with this kind of thing - well, stepping over the line, actually - and if you get caught you could open yourself to prosecution for fraud. Don't do this whole credit a new credit file thing at home, kids. You could get in serious trouble.

Let's face it, if a person has gotten to the point of thinking about drumming up a new social security number, that person is desperate, that person is in dire straits. That's a pretty sad situation.

But it's also a pretty sad commentary on the uncocmpromising nature of corporate credit machine when everyday people, the cogs in the machine, feel compelled to even consider such drastic measures as a way out. Once the wheels of the Big Three start turning, those wheels are virtually irreversible. They grind you to a pulp in short order, and you spend years of your life trying to put the pieces back together again. When they get through with you, son, you're a faceless cipher, a statistic that happens to have a name. Ask me. I know first hand ... (to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home